For those who are interested in learning more on data management, we recommend the following, freely available, courses and guides:
- MANTRA is a free online course on research data management which is provided by the University of Edinburgh.
- Online course modules are also available at the Responsible Conduct of Research (RDR) website at Northern Illinois University.
- Knowledge Base + is provided by Jisc Collections and helps UK libraries to manage their e-resources more efficiently.
- Interdisciplinary guides on data management have been published by various organizations, we recommend introductory resources of the following institutions:
- The American Psychological Association has recently published a guide on Ethical Choices in Research which contains chapters on data management and misconduct with data.
- PsychData-Handbuch [PsychData Manual] offers guidance on data management in Psychology and how to deposit data with the research data center PsychData.
- forschungsdaten-bildung counsels researchers on data management related issues in educational sciences and associated legal aspects of data management.
- WissGrid Leitfaden zum Forschungsdaten-Management includes guidance and a checklist on data management in data-intensive research.